A Cozy Family
We are a small, passionate team, dedicated to making beautiful and lasting products for the home. We always love connecting with bright and driven individuals that love our work as much as we do.
Job Title: Operations & Studio Manager
Location: Red Hook, Brooklyn
Compensation: $20 / hr
Time Commitment: 2 days / week
Reports to: COO
Who we are:
We are a Brooklyn-based textile design company making fabric by the yard and products for the home. The core of our business is making quality hand block printed linens that last. We want you to feel grounded at home so you feel adventurous out in the world.
We’re looking for a motivated and organized individual to join our growing team based in Red Hook, Brooklyn. This is a part-term permanent salaried position starting at 16 hrs / week. You’ll be responsible for the smooth-running of the studio day-to-day including managing studio inventory, shipping orders and handling customer service requests. You’ll also be helping our Production Director manage operations and logistics for our hand-block printing production facility. Beyond the job description, this is a great opportunity to see the inner workings of a small business and gain experience in different areas of the business depending on your personal interests.
Operations & Studio Management
- Fulfill all online orders through Shopify
- Manage inventory of all finished products, fabric and swatches.
- Monthly stocktake of product and yardage inventory
- Create new swatch packets for trade programme and ship out to designers
- Ordering fulfillment and office supplies
- Co-ordinate any press loans or studio pick-ups
- Review processes and vendors and make suggestions
- Create COGs for new products
- Place purchase orders with suppliers
- Quality Control Inventory
- Co-ordinate shipping from our production facility.
- Respond to all customer service emails
- Correspond with interior designers for assets
- Manage trade loyalty programme and engage in proactive outreach
- Solution focussed with excellent communication skills
- Strong communications skills.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and problem solve independently, think creatively and provide fresh ideas.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment, bring positive energy to the team and have a desire to grow within the company.
- Looking for a self-starter who’s able to take initiative and looking to grow and develop in the role. Potential for expansion within the role.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, Shopify and Quickbooks a plus.
- Spanish speaker a plus
- Paid vacation, sick leave and time off
- Generous discount on CZH product
- Professional development budget for further education, training and courses
- Flexibility and autonomy within the role to grow within your interests
- Send your resume and cover letter outlining why your skills specifically fit this role and why you’re drawn particularly to CZH and our work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two references
- Include your name and Operations & Studio Manager in the subject line.
- We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all, regardless of gender, age, gender identity, race, health status, national origin, relationship status, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion.