Our little CZH team has rounded up our favorite gifts to give this year. We hope you find a few that will delight your loved ones, help them feel taken care of, and bring some warmth to this season.
1) Jewelry is one of those traditional go-to gifts that I still enjoy giving to friends and family - especially in a year where I've mostly worn variations on a couple of outfits, jewelry feels like a nice little added touch. I love the simple, organic shapes of the brass jewelry designed by NYC-based Sade Mims for her line EDAS. I have the Monday Hoops, and some of my other favorites are the Trace Earrings and the Tips Earrings. -Carina
2) Our capsule pink moons throw sold out in record time so we brought it back! We love the festive oversized moons (don't they remind you of vintage holiday baubles?)! In a heavy weight linen, this throw is lovely for wintertime cozies. Plus, 15% of sales are donated to the African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund.
3) Gorgeous candles, razors, and luxury hair + skin products for that elusive ‘you-time’. -Stephanie
4) A perfect gift for those looking to pick up a new skill in their time at home! This Maker’s Set includes indigo dyed Kala cotton yarn and its production supports Indian farmers and hand spinners. There are also options for a sweater quantities worth of yarn or handknit sweaters that are absolutely stunning. -Carolina
5) I definitely have a friend or two that have really leaned into their increased time in the kitchen, and maybe you do too! Baker Bryan Ford recently came out with his new book New World Sourdough, and it feels like a nice gesture for those friends to encourage them with new recipes that build on their baking skills that they've already mastered. -Carina
6) Know anyone looking to inject a new perspective into their routine this year? Moonlists provide prompts and journals, it's like a beautifully packaged ritual in the making. I'm considering one for me and one for a friend! -Carolina
7) We designed this beautiful silk scarf with the amazing team at Ozma of California. We love that it can be worn in so many ways, and best of all- 100% of profits go to Souls Grown Deep Foundation
8) Delicious and beautiful oils and vinegars. The kind of treats you might not buy yourself but are perfect for gifts. Now instead of a boring bottle of wine, I bring this zingy olive oil to dinner parties (remember those?!) and the hosts are always delighted. -Stephanie
9) A natural gift this year seems to be some durable skincare for the long winter ahead. The gift of Hanahana Beauty's body butter (I'm eyeing the Eucalyptus scent) would be a nice way to show your loved ones that you want them to feel taken care of this season! Plus, their homemade products are made with shea butter from the Katariga Women's Shea Cooperative in Ghana, meaning you get to support the women of Hanahana Beauty as well as the ones behind the ingredients. -Carina
10) Buy the gift of knowledge! Educate / Support Black women. Take a course (like this one from Rachel Ricketts) or join Patreon and commit to supporting someone / or a few folks for a year. I love Aja Barber & ShiShi Rose . -Stephanie
11) These gorgeous treats make me wish I lived in LA (local delivery only). Every week, Joyce bakes a single offering and the proceeds benefiting a rotating cast of incredible organizations. The flavors always delight, and the decorations are unfailingly cute. -Carolina